Mushroom Spinach Lasagna
OK, so, let me start by saying, you're welcome! Once you have a bit of this intensely flavorful, mouth watering delicious lasagna you will thank me! This combination of vegetables balance one another out perfectly, but the real star is the ricotta boursin mix and the veloute sauce variation. This is a rich item, so I highly recommend pairing with a light salad with a oil and vinegar dressing.
Mushroom Spinach Lasagna
15 oz Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
5 oz Garlic Herb Boursin Cheese
6 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
to taste Salt and Pepper
1 lbs Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
1 each Shallot, minced
2 each Garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp AP Flour
6 oz Chicken Stock
2 oz Heavy Cream
1/8 tsp Nutmeg, freshly grated
6 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
3 sprigs Thyme, Leaves fresh
6 oz Spinach
1/2 cup Peas
3 oz White Wine
1 tsp Garlic Powder
6-9 sheets No Boil Lasagna Noodles
6-8 oz Mozzarella, Shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cheese mixture. Combine the ricotta and boursin cheese together until smooth. Add 4 oz of EVOO and a pinch of pepper to cheese mixture and set aside.
3. Vegetable filling. Heat 1 Tbsp of EVOO in a pan. Add 1/2 of the minced shallot, cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the garlic and mushroom and stir to coat with oil and cook to 3-5 minutes. Add thyme leaves and deglaze pan with white wine. Add the spinach and cover pan for 1 minutes to wilt the spinach. Uncover and add the garlic powder and peas and allow to cook until the pan is dry. Set aside.
4. Parmesan Veloute Sauce. Add 1 tbsp of Evoo and and butter and saute the remaining shallots and garlic for 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook for 30-45 seconds to cook out the raw flavor of flour. While stirring, slowly add in the chicken stock and allow to come up to a simmer. Lower the heat and add the nutmeg and heavy cream, stir to combine. Add 4 oz of parmesan cheese to the sauce, stir and set aside.
5. Assembly. Add about 2 oz of the parmesan veloute and spread in the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of noodles, then spread with the ricotta cheese mixture. Top that with the vegetable mixture, 1/3 mozzarella and repeat steps. Top layer should finish with noddle, ricotta mixture, veloute, and remaining Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 5-8 minutes (if not golden brown, put under the broiler for 1-2 minutes).
7. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then enjoy!